Listen to the podcast:
Being new to leadership can lead to a lot of questions about how to approach your new direct reports. Should you focus on being liked to get the best out of them or are bottom line results all that matter? According to author Kim Scott, the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Radical candor addresses these questions and more. The tagline for the book, ‘how to get what you want by saying what you mean’ sums it up. Leadership is not a zero sum game where you are either well liked or completely results driven at the expense of team moral. It is about being clear in your expectations while genuinely caring about the wellbeing of your team. In this episode we discuss these ideas and more including most importantly, finding the balance between being caring and being direct.Get The Toolkit
We believe that deeper learning happens when you understand, remember and deliberately practice your newly acquired knowledge.
Each toolkit (one per episode) empowers you to get deeper learning for that episode.
- A visual interactive 1-page summary of the key takeaways for quick, easy recall.
- Action Log for putting each key takeaway into practice in the real world.
- Certificate of completion to prove, log and track your soft skills development.
- Get full access to all toolkits for €12 per month
- Cancel any time
- Get 1 month (full access) free